Sunday, March 21, 2010

Invest in wool socks, ya'll. Hell just froze over.

This morning while hunting for breakfast, my partner and I saw snow falling. Snow. In East Texas. On the 21st of March. Where the hell was all this cool stuff when I was growing up? I was 25 years old the first time I remember seeing real snow fall. When I was a kid, 'snow' was anything made of frozen H2O that fell from the sky. Ergo, sleet=snow. Every try to make a snowball out of sleet? I thought that Hollywood was lying to me. Now, we've had snow four times in the same year. It didn't stick this time, but I'm still halfway convinced that The End Of Days is upon us. I'm almost glad that I'm bikeless and at work because sitting inside with a freshly-repaired bike, staring out at nasty weather would be torture. I can handle the wind and wet, but cold is like kryptonite to me. Hopefully, this madness will have passed by the time I pick my bike up tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment