Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Bikeless again, but only for the day.

My newfound homies at Pedalocity in Lufkin have new, thicker inner tube on order and scheduled to arrive in the AM. So, I'm going to make a quick run to pick up some paperwork, grab the tube on the return trip and book it back to test that bad beast out. I only hope I didn't damage my tight-fitting tire with the multiple tube patchings the other day. If I did, I'll just grab another tire and be done. I like this bike shop. My old bike shop in Madera was crewed and owned by asshats. These people here are cool, informative and don't look at you like you're some leperous jawa if you don't own a $5,000 road bike.

In the meantime, I'm going for a walk. It'll be nice, but frustrating. The Mongols used to say that a legless man was more useful than a horseless man because at least a legless man could ride.

I am definitely feeling that right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment